Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Travels of the Diva and the Kat - Take ME out to the Ballgame!

As the evening begins to fall, Diva's in a hurry. After a day of shopping, she's off to do what she absolutely loves.......watch grass grow.....oh wait.....no.....that's my thought. She's off to the baseball game! The Boston Red Sox are playing the Tampa somebodies (don't hate..I don't know; don't care). The car with driver is waiting and she's shifting into her high-heel wedges and skinny jeans and throwing the white Chanel 'sex in the city' bag (that she had to have FEDEX'ed to us) over her shoulder.

I'm noting why I am NOT a Diva because wearing high heels to a baseball game sounds like a recipe for injury to me given all the steps in the
stadiums and besides, I'm still reeling from the price of that ticket !! I could feed all the hungry in ...um....well..somewhere! And ready, set, she's gone!

I'll show her. Today, I'm going to have a marvelous evening lounging around the hotel while she, on the other hand will be bored out of her mind. I will win!! I'm off to lounge; she's off to Tropicana Field (Tropicana isn't just an orange juice....who knew).

Tropicana Field

I grabbed a book, my ipod and waddled downstairs to the lobby where I will make the monumental decision of 'porch' or 'waterfall' seating area. Diva, on the other hand, is headed to the Home Plate Club.


HOME PLATE CLUB View

It seems that the plush leather reclining seats behind home plate are among the closest in baseball -- starting only 50 feet from home plate. To get to their seats, the Home Plate Club ticket holders walk through the same tunnel the team uses and then they receive in-seat service including complimentary food and drinks and they have their own concierge, complimentary reserved VIP Parking, and access to the Whitney Bank Club.

I'm still pondering -porch - waterfall - hamburger - salad - pizza
Meanwhile at the ballgame,
The Whitney Bank Club is glass enclosed and located on the Mezzanine Level of Tropicana Field, just below the suites. You can watch the game live from the first base line or from any of the dozens of flat screen televisions while enjoying the all-inclusive buffet, unlimited bar service, complimentary VIP parking and private restrooms
Hmm I'm thinking......salad OR hamburger and fries by the waterfall. She's really missing out.

As the Diva walks toward her seat with that 'take your breath away' walk she has, the Tampa Rays Mascot, Raymond, is smitten and runs down the field, jumps into the home plate club and tries to kiss her.
Raymond, the mascot

Apparently the crowd loves it but the Diva is, unknowingly to most, really shy and doesn't like a lot of attention ( I know I know.....5'10", gorgeous, carrying the flyest bags and clothes made shy..hah). Anyway, out of shyness, the poor Diva tries her best to move away and, horror of horrors, loses her footing --- BUT never fear, she's right behind the Red Sox bench and they all rush to help her but out of the pack emerges David Ortiz......

otherwise known as Big Poppi.................
who jumps up, runs over and reaches out just in time to catch her in his arms and help her regain her balance. I bet she won't run from mascots anymore. I bet that taught her....hmpf.

Well, I've decided - after talking to Sue, the former united stewardess now waitress in Marchand's bar and grill who assures me that the salad is out and the burger is thumbs up, that hamburger it is! Medium well. Ummm.....

Top this Diva !

1 comment:

  1. OK the DIVA will leave a comment.... Yes I am very very SHY! Being shy works for me, because no matter who may be looking in my direction I will never know because I am busy looking away. As Kat has said I have to STOP!!!

    This story is all too funny. For those that would like to travel with us the next time just let Kat know. Have fun you only have one life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Scratch Back!