Monday, May 11, 2009

The Travels of the Diva and the Kat - Call Tyrone !

"I think ya better call Tyrone (Call Him) And Tell him come on, Help you get your Stuff(Come On, Come on) You need to Call Tyrone (Call Him) And tell him I said come on"....Erykah Badu






Staying in the Vinoy in St. Petersburg, Florida is lovely and frustrating at the same time. You would think that such a lovely and expensive hotel would include wifi free but NO!! You have to PAY $14.00 a day. Well the Diva didn't like it one bit and since her last trip here, had purchased an air card so that she could sign on from wherever she wanted. She smugly sits at the lovely desk popping open her laptop and laughing at the little sign posted on the desk explaining the cost. "Hah! So much for you Mr. FEE" as she flips it face down onto the desk. There's just one problem; the air card is not working.

After spending an hour talking to her carrier on the telephone, she realizes that she has to take the laptop and card to the carrier to be reprogrammed. This calls for another ride in a comfortable 'metro car' and off we go with a driver that's a bit less than likable at first and who appears NOT to know exactly where we're going. This causes us to whip out our cellphones and pull up our gps to guide him to our destination. He said he couldn't engage his gps while he was driving. It made me wonder ...what does a lost driver do when he has NO clue about where he's going if he can't stop to engage his gps. We didn't get the answer to that thanks to our cellphones - don't leave home without them!

Being lost in the Tampa area is not a bad thing. With a water view almost everywhere, you really can't complain. So while the Diva grumbled, I looked around taking in the view. That's when I saw it....Tyrone Boulevard ! What? A street named after Tyrone??? Is that the same Tyrone Erykah sang about??? Hey, it's no little street. It's a BOULEVARD.




and then I see...the TYRONE Elementary School.



It looks like Tyrone is huge down here. I had to laugh. When my oldest son was young, he came to me one day and said "when I grow up Mommy, I'm changing my name to Tyrone". I said "noooooo, I don't like that name". He said, 'yep, it's going to be Tyrone". Well, as I look around, I'm wondering am I the Mother of this Tyrone and if so YEAAAAAAAA. Then, I see Tyrone's Barber Shop and the Tyrone Middle School.




What can top this??? Glad you ASKED. Why TYRONE SQUARE - a wonderful MALL full of stores

A mall.......and just think.......they couldn't fix the laptop right away and wanted us to come back in a couple of hours. Oh that sounds tough. Reluctantly, we had to go to "Tyrone Square" and decide if we were going to spend our time in Macy's, Dillards, or in the assortment of other lovely stores. It was tough but we managed to pull through. We even grabbed a bit to eat in the food court and stopped in the lovely "Bijou Brigitte" where we fawned over the loveliest costume jewelry ever. Too bad it's only located Florida and Germany.

As the Diva pulled me away from that charming place, she made a pit stop at the ticket booth where she picked up a ticket to the 'ugh' baseball game (home plate section)....did that woman say three hundred something????? BASEBALL !!! THREE HUNDRED!!!!! :::Swoon::: Elizabeth, I'm coming !!


I think I'll call TYRONE and tell him come on and see bout me.













1 comment:

  1. Lol sounds like a fun trip, all in all. Now i will have that song stuck in my head for 2 or 3 days!

    ReplyDelete

Scratch Back!